Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Merry Christmas from Alicia!


MERRY CHRISTMAS



Dear Friends:
Merry Christmas!  Christmas is one of my favorite times of year!  It's a time of celebrating the birthday of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!  It's also a time of reminiscing on the year and enjoying some fun, food, and fellowship with friends and family!

On Sunday, my Pastor preached about the birth of Jesus.  Now, if you want to get blown away by the specialness of the place where Jesus was born and how God revealed His plan even in the old testament please visit www.yorkriver.org and click on sermons.  It is titled His Special Birth.  My pastor got all choked up preaching it.  I had chills and was just blown away!  I'd heard it before but it never gets old! 

Sean and I celebrated 13 beautiful years of marriage this year!  We are still on our honeymoon!  When God put us together it was just a beautiful thing!  I love him so much and I would marry that man all over again today!  He's such a sweet guy who truly loves Jesus with all of his heart!  He is also very funny!  He keeps me in stitches around the house!  Every week we still have date night!  It's our way of slowing down to enjoy some "us time" together!  It's normally the high light of our week.   Th question usually like this:  "Alicia, will it be a chick flick, a rom-com, or a chick flick?!!!"  It's kind of funny! We've made a deal that for every chick flick he watches with me he gets to watch a "man movie."  I watch some of his man movies with him while others I let him be alone in the man cave with all of that testosterone in one place!  Recently, Sean got promoted to Customer Service Manager at Steinmart in Williamsburg!  He is also still in the Financial services business. When he's not doing those things, he teaches Sunday School and he LOVES to cook!  Did I mention how much I love him?!!!  He still makes my heart go pitter patter!  Yep, I"m a smitten kitten for that man!  Ok...moving on!

I"m still at Best Buy in Newport News.  I like the people I work with and hopefully in 2013 will make supervisor! We will see.  Also, in 2013 if God sees fit, my first book "The Dixie Street Miracle" will be coming out!  It's my personal testimony!  In the pages you'll find Jesus.  The goal of the book is to glorify, uplift, and point folks to Jesus.  Please keep me in your prayers as we reach the home stretch of the book publishing process! 

A huge  triumph for me this year is that with God's help I've lost 30 lbs!  Yes!!!!  It's been interesting but I feel AMAZING!  My self-esteem has gone up quite a bit!  All glory goes to Jesus Christ!  I have 9 more lbs to loose and then I'm done!  After that point I'll simply maintain! 

This year has been a year of tears, trials, and triumphs. It's the last of all of the "firsts" without mom. It's my first Christmas without her. I'm sad but not grief-stricken like I was earlier in the year. God has been the God of all comfort to me. He's been my rock and strong tower through the valley of the shadow of death. Christmas in heaven must be awfully nice! I really wonder what it's like.

As you all know, this time of year can be REALLY BUSY.  I would like to challenge you to take the time to slow down and celebrate the real meaning of Christmas!  Take the time to call somebody and tell them you love them and were thinking about them.  Enjoy a hot cup of cocoa, coffee, or tea, have a date night!   Listen to beautiful Christmas songs!  Most importantly make time for King Jesus!  It's His Birthday and He's so worthy to be worshipped, praised, and adored!

From my family to yours, Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas,
Alicia Roark






No comments:

Post a Comment