Tuesday, February 19, 2013

If I could write a letter to mom...It would read....

If I could write a letter to my mom in Heaven, here is what it would say....

Dear Mom,
It's your baby girl.  It's been one year since you've lived with Jesus.  Do you realize that?  Does it feel like you've just arrived?!!!  I miss you.  It's just like it was yesterday that you left.  It's taken a really long time to wrap my mind around you not being here on earth.  I miss our phone calls, laughs, and jocularity.  I miss your hugs, giving heart, and the ability to make friends like nothing. 

These days, King Jesus is taking really great care of me.  He's reassuring me that everything will be ok and that He has my best interest at heart.  Mama, what's Heaven like?  I'm sure when you first saw it, it took your breath away.  I'm sure that you probably can't even describe it.  It's a part of the great mystery the Bible talks about.  What's it like to worship King Jesus every day?  What's the music in Heaven like?  I bet it's beautiful.  Mama, have you met all of the saints of old?  If I were a betting person, I'd say you're still at the feet of Jesus thanking Him for all of His blessings.  I wonder if you'll ever leave His feet.  My guess is probably not.

Can you see down here on earth?  I've adopted the thought that you can't.  It helps me to go on, relying on Jesus Himself alone.  He's more than enough, and I"m sure if you could come back you'd tell me that.  The tears flow a little less these days, but my heart will always have this void because you aren't here.

The book is almost done.  I promise to make Jesus famous through it.  Our beautiful life here on earth will always be a treasure to me.  I will never forget the day King Jesus made you my mom!  You meant the world to me and I will forever be thankful to Jesus for making you my mom.

I don't know when I'll get to Heaven.  Only God knows that day.  Trust me though, I'm counting down the days until I get to see you again.  My faith will then become sight, the tears will dry, and together we will worship Jesus together.  I love you and I miss you.  Have a great day around God's throne today.  I miss you, and I love you!

Love,
Alicia
Your baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment