Monday, October 1, 2012

Stay and away and there's a price to pay!

Have you ever said to yourself on a Sunday morning, "I'm just too tired to get up and go to church.  I'll just stay home and watch a sermon at home?!"  I"m sure we all are guilty of it.  I am.  I have done that before.  It's easy to stay away.  The devil is more than glad to help you find an excuse to stay away from God's house.  Satan hates Sundays.  As we all know, the longer you stay away the easier it becomes and sometimes the harder it is to go back to church. 

Well, I have a very modern day scenario for you.  Some of you know I've been loosing weight.  To date, I've lost 20.5 lbs.  Two weeks ago I was under the weather and didn't exercise all week.  Well, the following week didn't look much different.  I didn't exercise then either.  This morning I woke up at 5:45 and got on my exercise clothes and started exercising.  It felt like I'd just started.  You see, I  didn't have any excuse as to why I didn't exercise last week except pure laziness.  Yep, you heard me.  I was lazy for a solid week in my exercising.  Now, this week and next I'll really be paying the price for it. 

During the week you will pay some kind of price if you get lazy and don't read your Bible, don't pray, don't spend time with God, and don't attend corporate worship.  The devil will come in and have a hay day with you.  It will be for the entire week and you will feel MISERABLE.  1 Peter 5:8 says: "Be sober; be vigilant: because your adversary the devil, as a roarking lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour."KJV
You will find yourself on Friday saying "What a horrible week."

So, this week I'd like to challenge you to:

1.  Have a quiet time.  Spend time with God
2.  Go to church! YES..go to church and worship God
3.  Spend time in prayer with God...AND spend time listening...Yes, that means you have to be quiet and wait on Him!

Whatever you do, don't stay away from God and His Word so long that the devil has his way with you.

Because He lives,
Alicia Roark



No comments:

Post a Comment