Thursday, October 11, 2012

How we treat others!

Every day God gives us opportunities to love others and show them His love.  Easy from the church pew isn't it?!!! Well, what about those who aren't so lovely and easy to get along with?  What about those brothers and sisters in Christ we sit in the pew with?!!

Come on Alicia, cut me some slack right?  After all Monday is the toughest day of the week right?!  Well, that was yesterday if you've forgotten and today is Tuesday!  Well, you don't know that a certain person I work with gets on my nerves, or  they act different.  Oh, and little sister seat-saver that sits on the second row piano side every week is always complaining about the music.  She just gets on my nerves. 

Luke 6:31-35 says: "If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you?  Even sinners lend to sinners in order to receive back the same amount.  But love your enemies, and do good and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men.  Be merciful, just as your father is merciful." 

It isn't easy to always follow the Golden rule.  Satan is right there waiting each and every day to attack us where we are weak.  I too experience those same issues, trust me.

This week I want you to challenge you to ask the Lord to help you be mindful of His still small voice and to help you to treat others the same way you want to be treated!  It's a command!  It's in red letters which means it came straight from Jesus himself! 

Have a great day and God bless you!

In His unfailing love,
Alicia

1 comment:

  1. Amen Alicia. It's always good to be reminded that we should practice Luke 6:31-35 each day, not just on Sunday morning. I was just asking God for forgiveness this morning for being defensive all the time. I can't show God's love at work if I allow myself to be offended by the things that people say sometimes. Then all they see is someone who is abrasive and defensive. This post helps me put it all in perspective and I will remember this when I return to work on Monday. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete