Monday, June 25, 2012

Let's talk about Prayer!

Often times in my young life I've heard well-meaning people at church say, "I'll pray for you."  Prayer, it's a powerful thing and each of us needs prayer!  We need somebody to lift our name to the Father! Here's a real hard question to answer.  DO YOU REALLY PRAY FOR THE PERSON YOU SAID YOU WOULD PRAY FOR?????

Feeling a little convicted?!!!  Yep, me too.  I've been there got the T-shirt, the postcard and the hat for that catch all phrase.  It's easy to mingle with our brothers and sisters in Christ on Sunday and say to their face I'll pray for you, but if we  never pray for them then the truth is, we've lied.  Satan loves to watch God's people use catch phrases such as "I'll pray for you, or even better satan's all time favorite "I"ll pray about it."  More times than not, when we use the later of those two phrases, we're using it as an excuse to make the person or circumstance go away at the time.  I've done it too, so I can say that.  I am certainly not proud of it.

Here are a couple of  verses on prayer for you to look up and earnestly talk to God about:

1.  Ephesians 6:18
2.  2 Timothy 2:1

So this week, I'd like to challenge you to earnestly pray for the people you agreed to pray for!  Watch God show up and work!  Then truly you can sit in the church pew on Sunday and tell them that you prayed for them!

God bless you!
Alicia Roark

No comments:

Post a Comment