Monday, November 28, 2011

When God says wait and things don't go your way!

Prayer! It's our direct communication with God! I don't know about you, but I've been guilty of asking God for stuff on an emergency basis and expecting Him to answer me right then and there. In my opinion, it's really sad. It must truly break His heart. On Sunday mornings we go to church and we give God all of our burdens and we expect Him to answer us on a dime depending on how dire we feel our situation is. Here's the other real clincher, you know God's Holy Bible?!!! Do you know that normally most folks have to dust it off to bring it to church on Sunday because it's the only day it ever gets read? Oh How we must break the heart of our merciful Savior.

Recently God has been speaking to me about these people in the new testament that I know very well. He keeps bringing it up in my life. I mean like about 12 times in the past year. He's speaking to me on different issues and using two different stories with the same people. So, I thought, why not...Let's have a quick look at it together.

The first scripture reference is: John 11:1-44. Yes, it's the whole chapter but there's so much to be found in those verses. There's a couple of verse I want us to look at though. Take a good look at verses 17-18....The first fact is:
  1. Lazarus had been dead for 4 DAYS. That would've made Jesus 4 Days late to the average human.
  2. Bethany was A FEW MILES DOWN THE ROAD from Jerusalem. Jesus was RIGHT IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD practically.
Now for a a final verse that really seals the deal! Look at verse 42. Jesus prays out loud in order that GOD gets the Glory!

Let's tie all this together! Remember those emergency prayers we pray on Sunday mornings?!!! Remember that Bible we are sometimes guilty of grabbing just on Sunday morning?!!! Jesus is always in the neighborhood! He's a prayer away and he's never to early, never too late but He's always on time! If you find yourself in a difficult situation, please know that He knows all about it, He'll show up at the appointed time and in just a way that His Father gets the glory.

Take a listen at the song below and let it bless you!


Let's Pray:
Father, thank you that you hear and answer prayer even when it's not in ,my time frame! Help me to see that when you're 4 days late you're always just on time! Forgive me for my emergency prayers expecting you to answer on a dime. Help me to be more like Jesus every day! In Jesus' Name I pray-Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment